We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. When you visit the Site, we may obtain certain personal information (such as your name and other contact details) when you choose to provide it to us.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we add your name and email address to Maiya Ibrahim’s newsletter mailing list, which is managed via Mailchimp. Note that Mailchimp may transfer personal data outside the EU. Please contact Mailchimp with questions or concerns about this.
If you contact us via the contact form or email, your name, email address and message will be accessible to Maiya Ibrahim and a small team of support staff.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use the information we obtain to:
- respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions, comments and messages;
- offer and provide products, services and tailored information to you, including email newsletters;
- permit you to participate in blogging, forums, and discussion groups;
- communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- operate, evaluate and improve our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns);
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies and where otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information is never shared externally or used for purposes other than the above, except to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THE NEWSLETTER
Every newsletter contains an unsubscribe link in its footer.
When you unsubscribe from a newsletter managed via Mailchimp, your details remain on the list of past recipients. However, if you are still a subscriber when you contact us, your details can be permanently removed from the list on request. Please contact us if you would like this to happen.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We retain your Personal Information until such a time as you unsubscribe or ask us to remove your details or when your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained.
Although the Site aims to only include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout the Site. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites).
Despite our best efforts, we cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website. Users should note they click on external links at their own risk and the Site and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at [email protected]